THE GALAXY COMMUNITY COUNCIL at WESTOVER AIR RESERVE BASE
WHO WE ARE
The Galaxy Community Council is a 501(c)3 charitable corporation with approximately 175 civilian members. We are veterans, local business people and other citizens who want to support the men women and mission of Westover Air Reserve Base (WARB). Our meetings take place on the third Wednesday of every month at the Westover Club.
• Support the military men, women and mission of Westover ARB.
• Promote interaction between Westover ARB and its surrounding communities.
• Increase public awareness about what Westover means to us individually and collectively.
• Co-produce the Great New England Air Show.
WHAT WE DO
• Within Department of Defense guidelines, we raise funds to contribute to events and special needs at Westover ARB.
• Under the leadership of the Westover ARB Commander and his staff, GCC volunteers co-produce and work at the Great New England Air Show.
• At the annual Westover Family Day, our volunteers enable over 3000 military personnel and their families to have an enjoyable day on the Westover Ellipse by providing manpower and financial support.
• The GCC works with and contributes to the Pioneer Valley USO as well as other on base entities and activities such as the Airman & Family Readiness Center, the Westover Young Marines, the Civil Air Patrol and Youth Outreach Day.
• We work with our local, state and federal elected officials for the mutual benefit of our communities and Westover ARB.
In addition to our traditional mission, we will do what we can to provide input to the National Commission on the Structure of the Air Force and the Massachusetts Military Asset and Security Strategy Task Force in advocating for Westover Air Reserve Base and its place in Western Massachusetts.